A hair mask can be your best friend, especially if you’ve ever had a color or highlighting service that has gone wrong—or if you’re in need of deep hydration to help with signs of dry, dull, brittle hair. Discover how to use a hair mask, and more importantly, what a hair mask is and how your thirsty strands will benefit.
How To Use a Hair Mask Step-By-Step
- After cleansing hair with an Ultra Hydrating Signature Shampoo, remove excess water and apply generously on mid-strands and ends.
- Comb through to evenly distribute through hair. Indulge for 5+ minutes and rinse.
- If you have extremely dry hair, leave the mask in overnight and rinse it out in the morning for incredibly soft and healthy hair.
- Rinse with cool water to seal the hair cuticle and boost shine.
- For the ultimate hair mask experience, pre-treat hair with our Signature Serum prior to the hair mask application to boost nourishment and to add intense shine.
How Often Should You Use a Hair Mask?
Depending on how damaged your hair is as well as your overall texture, the general rule of thumb is to use a hair mask 1-2 times per week. However, you may swap your daily conditioner for a hair mask for a couple of weeks to rehab extremely damaged hair.